An outstanding post from Mike “Chaplain Mike” Mercer at Internet Monk: What I like about Lutheran baptism.
Mike’s a former Baptist pastor who describes himself as a “Lutheran in progress”: more precisely, a “post-evangelical” who has been a member of a Lutheran church for the past couple of years.
You need to read his post, but here’s Mike’s list of reasons why he likes Lutheran baptism:
- because it understands baptism as God’s act, not a human act.
- because it emphasizes the Word of God.
- because it appropriately broadens our understanding of the Great Commission.
- because it enlightens us about the true nature of faith.
- because it emphasizes the ongoing significance of baptism.
Why are you still here?